The bloggings of an Upstate NY-born Tokyoite. Now with 20% more verbosity!

_

Monday, October 6, 2008

Yoyogi Park and Hokkaido Festival, in pictures

A fun day, so many amazing music acts, great food, good times. Too much was seen to be properly explained, so here are some stills:


100 meters from Yoyogi Park is Takeshita street. Both are a popular destination on Sundays.

I really don't get it - "Young People for Change"



Choreographed drumming and dancing: Taiko

A fake old man. He was funny!






I must have seen 200+ dogs, easily.


All of us are English teachers except one. CAN YOU GUESS?1?!?


Large phallic clock of doom




OK, so I get that a Hokkadio Festival means good dairy products, but really...


Dreams come true.

I also had one of these Chicken Filafels. IT'S GOOD ISN'T IT JORDAN

!!!

Even after stabbing me in the back with his gun, he was still pretty cute.

REAL BUTTER!

Awesome reggae band, Solar Lynch. I bought their cd.





Sweet kit!


Everything from Woody of Toy Story to Spike from Cowboy Bebop.












No thanks bro.


Pompadours are out of fashion? Nonsense!

Note the dragon tattoo on this guy's back - Definite Yakuza (Japanese gang-member)


Still busy.


In other news, I decided to axe CD of the week since a) not many people come here to read band reviews and b) it took time and I am lazy. Also skipped out on the live Japanese football game today, instead deciding to sit home in my underwear and watch NFL and just relax. I made the right decision.

I found the post office in a trek I made to the yet-unexplored regions of Tobu-Nerima, and also a "random stuff shop" that Dayn had told me about. I saw a Space Invaders coffee mug for $3, and in retrospect I don't know why I didn't buy it. There were also countless bits of anime paraphenilia and all that crazy nonsense. I'll take pics some time soon.

And, as suggested by my former band-mate Chris, here is a video tour of my apartment:


Be warrned that the wobbly camera-action may induce motion sickness.

Any other requests? I do listen, sometimes!

"When I scream, is it for machismo? Not intimdation no, or gender segregation, I just needed more from the words I sang but you can't understand.... According to you: A song should separate all the girls from the boys" - Polar Bear Club

"Squeedly-squeedly-squeedly-squeedly-meedly-meedly-meedly-meedly-meeeEEEEEE!!!!!" - Strongbad.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Free Hugs? That made me think of Disney?

Jordan said...

That wasn't falafel. That stuff tastes like teh butt. It was just a chicken gyro or something. Good pictures. I think you captured the essence of that day. Thanks for the beers. I'll hit you back when I'm not completely poor.

Erin said...

Out of the 200+ dogs you saw, how many of them were little and/or clothed?