"Bush is a war criminal, we are in the midst of a coup and the state is shifting toward fascism."
These are the claims of Naomi Wolf, feminist critic and author of a book I felt I needed to order after watching the following video: "Give Me Liberty: A Handbook for American Revolutionaries." Whatever your opinions on the upcoming elections or politics in general, if you don't support police states, marshall law and dictatorships, you will agree with me that this is important viewing:
My political fervor has grown in recent years, but especially as of late. It would seem that separating myself physically from America while retaining my citizenship has almost paradoxically emphasized the importance of understanding where I'm from...If not for me, then for my family and loved ones.
Again, regardless of your beliefs, parallels to Mussolini- and Hitler-era dictatorships should not be ignored by the public. George Bush now has access to his own private army that answers only to him, and Congress, the House nor the Senate has no authority over them.
I seriously fear for the future of my country.
"The great Americans defined America as a chance for us not to flatter but rather to confront ourselves. They did not define patriotism as a smug legacy of entitlement, but as a universal challenge that always included the demand for self- correction. But we are so used to being raised on a rhetoric of artificial patriotism--the kind that you get to tune in to in a feel- good way just because you were lucky enough to have been born here and then can pretty much forget about--that this definition seems positively foreign today." - Naomi Wolf on "Fake Patriotism."
PayPayフリマ-9月度フリマチャレンジ
4 years ago
2 comments:
Hey, I thought this blog was about Japan!
GET WITH THE KAWAII GIRLS AND BUSY TRAIN RIDES AND UNIQUE ADVERTISEMENTS OF TOMMY LEE JONES AND...
*head explodes*
I have to agree with you that you are on the right track. We as Americans must fully understand history and take a look at what is happening now.
Post a Comment