The bloggings of an Upstate NY-born Tokyoite. Now with 20% more verbosity!

_

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Nerds doin' nerd things

One of my prospects in moving out on my own was more time to myself. It's a blessing and a curse, too much of anything is not a good thing, and more cliches like that ring true though. In other words, I need to get out. I can't just lounge and read or watch football or play games during all of my free time, it gets old. I get cabin fever even in my luxorious mini-apartment that actually is big enough to swing a cat in (a popular method of measuring apartment-sizes here). Just like back home, the show gives me a good reason to leave my comfort zone and see something worth seeing, a few good bands.

It's a death metal show in Koenji tonight (the Chinese characters used to write the name literally mean "my money time") featuring Coffins, so it should be amazing. My only qualms are a) I dont' know anyone else who's into this kind of stuff here so as usual I'm going by myself and b) it's a really small club and I'm sure it'll fill up with smoke in no time. Hopefully for the sake of my health there is re-entry.

Just a quick post to feed my need. It's too bad you aren't here Gabe or Dave, you would be way into this show. Later fiends

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ben, there is never too much time at home; if you run around too much on your days off you'll be "burning the candle at both ends" thus burning out! I sent your box promptly on fri the 17th and it weighed 41 lbs. Lots of books dvd's and clothes. Oh yeah I put that Wii piece inside your dvd case. MOM

Anonymous said...

coffins is awesome. bulldoze just played. lots of fat old dudes. good times