The bloggings of an Upstate NY-born Tokyoite. Now with 20% more verbosity!

_

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Spicy food, tattoos and youtube scandals

Wow, so first off I'm impressed with the number of hits I've been getting as of late - it's either the same people checking everyday or new viewers randomly finding their way here, or both, and in any case thanks for reading! It gives me a little more motivation to do this.

Secondly ,we are going to talk about my avid love of all things food-related: Eating, cooking (although I am still a n00b), tasting, hell I'd probably even screw a girl if she was covered in virtually any edible substance, that is how much I love food. I also come from a family of big eaters on both sides, so it's in the blood.

Today at work, I decided to try the stuffed hot peppers......more like stuffed death peppers! Three of 'em had my tear ducts running (which does NOT count as crying, by the way) and I just caved and tossed the other two. Still, I had to at least try.















This, my friends, is how you study Kanji (Japanese characters).



















Sheer morsels of fire.


Part of the reason I am excited to go to Japan is the food. I have always loved fish, but living so far inland it's always way to expensive and not very good. I actually have a hard time finding much of anything I don't like eating, except maybe eggplant and cucumber. Anyway. I'll be sure to take some cool pictures and give reviews of food and or eateries I come across in Japan, especially the weird stuff, ya know, like 河豚 (fugu, Japanese blowfish that is 90% poisonous).

Thirdly, I am busy. Very, very busy. Tomorrow is just a work day, but Thursday, I go up to Saratoga to get tattooed by my good friend Humplik. (Singer of Gaining Ground, one of the best active New York bands so check em out!) What am I getting done? Well, hopefully a couple things, but here's a picture of what is definitely getting put on my left shoulder:




















It should be enlarged to fit over my shoulder cap, and of course still remain hidden for all professional purposes. I'm pretty excited about this. The emblem comes from a collection of Joseph Conrad short stories I picked up at a local library book-sale, the ONLY way to buy books. But yea it's from an old book for school children from something like the 1930s in Scotland. Neat.

Lastly, since my eyes kind of hurt and I might fall asleep in my chair if I go on much longer, here's a special present, a video-tour of my soon-to-be-vacant room:





MY FACE IS ON TEH INTERWEBZ?!!11

Countdown to D-Day: 20 Days.





"I wanna run for president, and focal-point when I'm campaignin' is to put FEMA to work on a plantation in Camp David" - Immortal Technique feat. Diabolic

1 comment:

Nightflesh said...

Fugu is nothing, just wait until you eat bee larva.