awesome | adjective - extremely impressive or daunting; inspiring great admiration, apprehension, or fear.
I understand that awesome has taken to mean something totally different in the modern world, but I think it's good to realize that it originally stood that which is awe-inspiring, to the point of fear and over-stimulus.
Just a little rant for today. Nothing much exciting here at camp Belcher, ate a piece of apple pie at Denny's last night and felt as if a thousand little men with pick-axes were hacking away at my intestines. Note to self: Don't eat Denny's ever, ever again. I have not quite felt myself all day and despite going to the gym for the first time in a whole week (a long break by my usual standards) I can't shake this splitting headache.
I studied some Japanese at work while we were slow, and picked back up a book on Plato's philosophy. Both are subjects I want to further myself in but have neglected. I want to become bilingual, and I also want to be well versed in classical and modern philosophy, since language and arguing about shit that can't be proven are two things I will love to the grave.
Heard a bunch of sweet Japanese hardcore bands thanks to my friend and future band-mate Ian. Upon listening to Ensavegement, I said to myself: "I will mosh in Japan." I plan to do more than one musical project, and although I've been a guitarist for 10 years I really want to just do vocals for a hardcore band. If I can get a bunch of Japanese hardcore kids singing along with me in broken Engrish, I will be estatic.
You might say music is awesome, but I disagree. That which we can't understand, the underlying questions such as "how do we know that we know" and "what is our purpose and life" are awesome. That, and this clever Lovecraft spinoff video: (I'm on a big kick with him right now, it won't last forever.....probably)
Many LoL's to be had. I still think about leaving everyday and the pressure to do what I want and what I need are converging into a growing tension that I need to shake off. I'm going to go do something relaxing, I think. Until next time my fellow internerds.
Countdown to D-Day: 27 Days.
"We are entering dimensions beyond space." - In Flames
PayPayフリマ-9月度フリマチャレンジ
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment