The bloggings of an Upstate NY-born Tokyoite. Now with 20% more verbosity!

_

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Driving to Cohoes 8 times in one day can do this to a man.

I hate my pizza delivery job. It's summer, I should be swimming, instead I'm frying in a 2-ton metal box with working air-conditioning that I can't afford to use. I made $113 today in tips, but only after a 12 hour shift and some serious bullshit. I'll spare you the trite details. Everything in that "Italian Restaurant" (LOL) looks, smells and feels greasy, the food is all greasy, I feel like a ball of grease....y. I'm going to burn my clothes now and bathe myself in holy water. Although I am tired I will more than likely procrastinate sleep, and watch the Departed, since I never have before.

There is also the whole issue of contributing to destroying the environment. I am greatly looking forward to not owning a car, and at this point in my life I don't feel I ever want or need to own one again. It's a luxury we can all do without, if you think about it. Watch the movie Wall-E, it's surprisingly melancholy and prolific for a Pixar film, they've really out-done themselves this time. The point is hard to miss.

The lady who watches my mentally retarded sister twisted her ankle, (not surprising considering that 80% of her flabby existence is above her waste, if you follow me) causing my mother to have to switch hours in order to watch my sister. My father isn't able to help, according to what he told me, and inevitably I get caught in a "your father is and always was a jerk" conversation, which is a rare and disconcerting happening. Quite frankly it makes me feel like some kind of faulty progeny that shouldn't have been, and completely disillusioned that two people can actually ever be happy together for an extended period of time.... or am I just being over-dramatic?

Work tomorrow, then band practice, THEN a date with a cutie. I'd almost rather stay home, these things take time and energy! And women make me nervous. Gawrsh.

Well, lots of stuff will be left in the ashes of the wake of my departure. It will still exist, but, out of sight out of mind...much like Cohoes, Watervliet or Rensselaer is on a good day.

Countdown to D-Day: 41 days.



And I wanna conquer the world, give all the idiots a brand new religion, put an end to poverty uncleanliness and toil, promote equality in all of my decisions -Bad Religion

No comments: