Spent the day doing band stuff, working, then a pleasant trip to my good friend Richard's house on Dyken Pond, where we kayaked the awe-inspiring man-made lake and basked in the setting sun. Truly a beautiful place, the trip out there reminds me of my love for Upstate NY scenery, every stinkin' time. Also did some brutal workout training, a program called P90X that is probably the coolest and most efficient way to tone yourself up, highly recommended to you fitness freaks out there.
For a little background, Rich is a long-time friend, an excellent writer and a silly motherfucker. We are planning a trip down to Virginia Beach to hang out with our good friends in Loss of Reason about a week before I depart from the country. Should be an excellent time.
As far as friends go, you know how there's acquaintances, good friends and then your true-blue, take a bullet for 'em type people? Well, Rich is that last one for me. People who are that down to earth, creatively inclined and fun to hang out with are hard to find. Check out his wacky blog at www.richardlives.com.
Went through some digital pictures I have long neglected, for myself but also to reward you, the reader, for sticking with my random post thusfar. The blog default picture on your right was taken in a tube station (subway) in London. I found the wording funny and relavent. Yes, yes I did.

This was me, next to a smart car. !!!

Me and my Mom in the bitter English cold. She's the strongest and most brutal woman I have ever known.

Me and my sister Barbara in Scandonavia.......or Disneyland. I forget.

Me and my fellow stringed instrument-players in a college studio just outside Boston, MA. Very fun times.

Not sure why but I really like this picture. Me and John Torn, manmythLEGEND.

J-O. To the left is a man soon to be leaving on the Oregon trail.
That's enough with the pictures for now. I don't know why, but I enjoy posting them here more than myspace/facebook. That gets into a whole different discussion about the flaws of social networks in general, but I'll spare you all the blah-dee-blah.
On the subject of Japan. There are all sorts of documents I should probably be concerning myself with as far as taxes, traveling insurance, packing, difficult-to-find foodstuffs, but meh, whatever. Sometimes I feel better knowing I have work waiting for me, as strange as that may sound.
I am currently reading random and obscure Edgar Allen Poe stories. I recommend "Angel of the Odd" to anyone who enjoys macabre fiction with a sardonic twist. Also plowing my way through H.P. Lovecraft's "The Dream-Quest to Unknown Kadath," and so far it is EXCELLENT. Like, cats-flying-to-the-moon-to-kill-fungus-creatures-and-slaughter-excellent. I am a reader, it's one of my passions, and I figure no matter how lost, confused, disassociated or disillusioned I may feel at times in Japan, I can always pick up a book and go to the same places that I did back home....READING RAINBOOOOW.
A final little bit, Save Yourself covering One King Down at the Shelter Skate Park in Albany. If you don't already know, OKD were huge and a real fiery ember at the hearth of the Albany Hardcore scene, and playing this set goes in my top 10 my fun shows ever, easily. (If you want to see the rest, youtube it)
Countdown to D-Day: 37 days.
To answer the question It'll probably take more If you're already there well, you probably don't know Well, we were the people That we wanted to know And we're the places that we wanted to go -Modest Mouse
1 comment:
I told you I'd read all the entries. Thanks for the plug, by the way. I'm glad I have that stance in somebody's life.
Also, yeah, I'll miss you making the ride out here for awhile, too.
Post a Comment