The bloggings of an Upstate NY-born Tokyoite. Now with 20% more verbosity!

_

Sunday, August 31, 2008

A visual tour of Downtown Shinjuku

Huge.


DVD and Terebi (Television)

Downtown Shinjuku, as seen from a land-bridge.


More tall buildings.








The Engrish never ends!




WHERE DA WHITE WOMEN AT??




So many stores, restaurants, etc.. It's not unusual to find really busy little side-streets like this.

I like 'em!

Some traditional-style Japanese drawings.


View from the east exit of Shinjuku station.


And that's all for Shinjuku pictures. I live conveniently close to one of the busiest train/subway hubs in the world, and have been commuting there regularly for job training. I'm over some of the tougher parts now, and once I start working I'll be rollin' in cheddar! I'll give all you all more details later on. I'm going to see Defiled and Hellhound, not Hellchild. Pretty disappointing since Hellchild is an amazing band but yea they broke up like 7 years ago. Also keep an eye out for my (probably late) CD of the week!

OK, here's a few more fun pictures and I'm out:

An ad for yet another English Conversational School, GABA. What a fake-looking cop.

The crowded train I mentioned in a previous post. It actually gets worse than this too!

If the coffee keeps you relaxed, isn't that bad??

Tonight's dinner: Fried eel over rice!

Actually taken from a kid's English textbook! :)

Oh, and random, weird J-fact of the day: there's a place Ikebukuro called Nekobukuro, a pun that sticks the word "cat" in the city's name. The reason being that it's just a room where you pay an hourly rate to play with kittens. Not a bad idea, especially since most apartments do not allow pets in this country. Pretty wacky though.



"Although we often wonder, it was no thing of wonder, the shit that flew from our minds! ...It took so much effort, not to make an effort, oh, what a flawless design.
It was always worth it
That's the part I seem to hide
And the busy ant empire
Put up the closing sign" - Modest Mouse.

No comments: