First off, thanks to everyone who commented on my last post! I don't believe in replying in the comment section as it is kind of weird to me, so if you asked any questions I'll probably e-mail you or something, if I don't address it here; I do like the feedback, either way. As far as being groped on subways, it isn't likely to happen any time soon, since I have "gaijin perimeter" on my side: Because I am a foreigner, people always give me extra space. So, even on a crowded train I have plenty of room most of the time.
If you're a white girl with a nice rack though, well, it's only a matter of time!
Now, for the meat and potatoes here: I am really excited about my new job, for several reasons which are most easily represented in list form:
-All the other trainees all seem like very cool, laid back people with good sense of humor. Going out to Karaoke with them and drinking should be a lot of fun! Oh and the working part too.
-My trainers are also really cool. I found out that the one guy who taught us today was really into black metal, which made me happy.
-I really feel like I'm working for the right company: It's a litter smaller than some others, but it's currently expanding, hence the influx of new teachers. They treat you right here, from all I can tell thusfar and from all I know through the grapevine.
-All the classes are supposed to have air conditioners, making the whole wearing-full-suits-in-summer-thing a lot more bearable. So, the only time I'll be sweating bullets is probably on the way to and from work. Yessssss.
-One of the other trainees is Chris Roberts' twin, separated at birth. Swear to God, he looks nearly identical just without tattoos, I'll post a picture at some point.
-The different types of classes greatly vary, and with any luck I'll get to teach some higher level stuff, something I'm really hoping to get the chance to do. As much fun as teaching little kids how to say "my name is Takeshi" sounds like, I'd like to actually feel like I'm putting all that English study to good use! And it would challenge me to learn more and become a better teacher.
Also, as it turns out one of the teachers, a fellow by the name of Dayn, lives a floor up from me here. It's great to have another English speaking cohort, and even though the dude majored in Japanese he is very down to earth and cool. He wants to teach as well, and I have a feeling we'll both go far. He helped me find some stuff in the grocery store tonight after training, not to mention a faster express train home! I believe I have made a new friend.
He also introduced me to tuna and mayo sushi rolls, possibly one of the tastiest Americanized-Japanese fastfoods ever invented.
In other news, I tried cold soba (buckwheat) noodles today and they are completely, for lack of a better word, derishus. I managed to get slightly lost in Shinjuku on the way to training, but only because I took the wrong exit, and I soon saw the huge sign for my school. Wait unti you see some of pictures I'll take, there are giant electrical signs and huge anime characters and trains and people and STUFF everywhere.
Everything is pretty good over here, but don't count on the regular variety of posting you've come to know and expect from me for the next 2 weeks: Training is very intensive, 7-8 hours a day, 6 days a week plus homework, so I'll have trouble finding the time. Once I get into my job routine however I'll be able to make time. Expect from pics from the Hellchild and Defiled show this weekend tho! Both bands are apparently legendary around these parts, having been together 15 years or more! They apparently don't believe in putting up myspace tunes either, so if you're interested check out those youtube videos. Also, Hellchild did a split with Converge a while back, as Gabe reminded me.
For some reason, getting into the beginning of my job training made me suddenly feel slightly homesick. I miss being able to drive 5 minutes and hang out with Gabe, Jessica, Ed, John, etc.etc.. And to all my friends who lived in NY but weren't that close geographically - to all my brothers and sisters in the New York hardcore/metal/whatever scene - you really are like family to me, and I miss you! I won't soon forget all the great times we had, and will have in the future, and I hope to make friends who are half as cool over here.
"Cuz I'm a 21st century digital boy, I don't know how to read but I got a lot of toys, my daddy is a lazy middle-class intellectual, my mommy's on valium, so ineffectual...ain't life a mystery yea!" - Bad Religion
PayPayフリマ-9月度フリマチャレンジ
4 years ago
2 comments:
would I really flash you????
Wow!! You actually saw Hellchild & Defiled? That's really cool. I wish I was there. Anyway, nice blog, do you think there are any Hellchild T-shirts available?
Post a Comment