The bloggings of an Upstate NY-born Tokyoite. Now with 20% more verbosity!

_

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Only in Japan...

I left my apartment today to go to the gym when I saw a guy in a work uniform eyeing the building. I thought maybe he was trying to deliver a package or something, but shrugged it off and left. Two hours later I came back and...

There was a brand new vending machine installed outside the front door of my apartment building!

It's funny, because I had been thinking lately how I have to walk a whole 30 feet to get to a vending machine from my house and all.... o_0



On an unrelated note here's a few pictures I never posted from a trip to Akihabara a while back:

"Retro-Gaming" - There was a copy of Street Fighter 2 out front for all to play.


The current Prime Minister, Taro Aso a.k.a. "Cool Old Dude" is very popular amongst the nerdy crowd.


That's all for today. I'll keep you posted on whether or not a canned coffee vending machine appears on my roof or in my room any time in the near future.

4 comments:

Zach C! said...

I really enjoy the cool old dude sign, the many outfits he is wearing, especially the cross dressing one are utterly hilarious.

Jon Doe said...

The cool old dude flag is funny. He is pulling the old political trick of getting the youth support.

Brooks Benson said...

Is there soy milk in your vending machine?

Benjamin L. Belcher said...

NO BUT THEIR SHOULD BE MR. BENSON!