It's amazing how a solid workout in the morning followed by a full day's teaching can leave me utterly and completely drained. Even bringing a good amount of food with me to school - a sandwich, 2 or 3 pieces of fruit, nuts, chips etc. - the sheer amount of mental energy I expend to give 100% at my lessons really takes it out of me. By the end of the day I feel like taking part in activities that require little to no hard thinking, like reading, watching TV or mindlessly surfing the internet (and that last one happens more often than I would like to admit). But all in all I am happy, I work hard but it's worth it when I see students trying their best as well. Although on occasion I have to teach students that are just goofing off, killing old "lesson points" they had lying around or just not giving it 100%, so I gauge accordingly.
But the peeves are really minimal. I feel that my work situation is top notch considering my education level and my age, and also the fact that I am for now where I want to be. Not a week goes by without some surreal moment of: "Hey, I'm really in Japan. Wow." I've got the ball rolling on one or two musical projects, and I get to do pretty fun stuff every weekend. Yea, life is pretty good. And so is this instant Curry Udon stuff I've made for the second time this week. UMAI~~ (YUM!)
On the subject of the whole Eikaiwa (English Conversation) Industry here, I'm sure there are plenty who think their job is a complete joke. They got in with X company, they are in Japan, they will skirt by and get to experience the holy grail of disorienting First World countries for a year and go back home. Well, not me. My original plan was to stay for at least two years, and so far I feel fairly confident that I'm sticking to it. Not to mention I like teaching, and actually aspire towards it as a not only viable but ideal career option in some way, shape or form. So maybe not this particular way, shape or form, but this is good experience and at the very least a start.
Ah well whatever. Another day another dollar as they say, I keep my nose clean and try to save save save before the vacation in December. Winter is coming, and I can hardly wait. Until next time my faithful and beloved readers.
"The author looms above his page
and thinks it strange that at his age
he can not find the proper words
to describe his only world.
One would think that in a life
where no two snowflakes are alike
one would have a brilliant rhyme
for each and every bit of time." - Clutch
PayPayフリマ-9月度フリマチャレンジ
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment