The situation in America right now is, to put it lightly, a complete and utter clusterfuck. People are scrambling to get some kind of footing on their economical future, and even my own parents wonder about the validity of Social Security and retirement. Just because I currently live in another country, have I completely forgotten my homeland and their woes?
No. In actuality, just like I have done for the last few years, I keep up with politics both local and foreign. I like to have some vague understanding of what is going on in the world, even if it doesn't appear to directly effect me. I think Bush and his party are war criminals, more unpatriotic than those they point their fingers at, but I don't feel the need to point this out on a regular basis, or shout with the masses. In fact, I don't believe in the validity of our current democratic system. I'm not casting an absentee ballot, but I can guarantee you that New York will be a blue state just like the last major election without my assistance. For further understanding of this vantage point of voting apathy, please watch hours of George Carlin on youtube.
So, to get to the point, I don't talk about politics much because I don't think anyone cares enough about my particular opinion to bother with it; My voice isn't changing anything, at least not directly. If I can maybe share my life experiences then that's great; However, that is in a realm completely outside of politics, regardless of the fact that these words indirectly reliant on politically influenced factors, such as life stability. Translation: If there were bombs dropping and riots in the streets, I wouldn't be writing this right now, I'd be ducking for shelter. I don't have any words of wisdom that will save humanity, and I'm just fine with that. Better yet, I'd rather keep it a personal interest, wanting to be knowledgable in world events and all that, than have it arbitrarily stain a blog which I think has been pretty successful in achieving what I have wanted it to thus far.
...but since this all begs the question, I'll lay it down simply: I think that Obama will win the election, but whether or not his rhetoric will be anything like his actions in office remains to be seen. I hope for the sake of my loved ones and my country that he can improve things. I also believe that we can look to history as a model for the future, so much as the Roman Empire expanded until it was unable to sustain itself, so shall the U.S. in time. I believe this will be a gradual process of losing power and getting into the unfamiliar territory of playing second fiddle to China, India, Russia and other major powers. I say it's long overdue, let 'em have the world spotlight. Hell, we'll still have Hollywood and our illustrious, never-ending supply of permiscuous celebrities to brag about.
The bottom line here is that I care about the issues, but no one else cares whether or not I care.
PayPayフリマ-9月度フリマチャレンジ
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment