The bloggings of an Upstate NY-born Tokyoite. Now with 20% more verbosity!

_

Monday, January 19, 2009

We live in a MAD world

Watching someone so drunk try to walk up the platform stairs that they fall flat on their face is a fairly common spectacle here. The throngs of Shibuya's hachiko-exit area are like a giant, pulsating mass of bodies and wills, all with different places to go and not enough time to get there, unless they have too much time. It's the same every Saturday night, and is bound to make you feel like you're part of the bustling city life or conversely isolated from the human race. Depends on the day you're having. Three-year-old children love colored balls, tried, tested and true by yours truly. If all else fails, chuck the lesson plan out the window and give them something to shoot into a basket. F.I.D. had our first band practice in a month and we have been unofficially dubbed B.B.B., for Bilingual Baka (idiot) Band! This is in reference to how stupid me or Kana can feel when we are using Makiko as a translator between us. Speaking of which I'm going to start taking Japanese lessons for the first time since May, tomorrow! There may be hope for me yet. My tiny room is once again my room as my mate went back to the States. Some motorcyclist almost ran me down on the little sidestreet I live on the other day. He was easily going at least double the speed limit, not at all uncommon.

These sentences careen into one another without reason, much like the pace of life outside my apartment doors. Things happen nonsensically, randomly, at fast speeds and with complete disregard for innocent human life (not to mention complete disregard for the welfare of mankind). There are all sorts of pictures I will upload soon but it's been an unsual weekend. I've slept maybe 8 hours in the past 48. I just ate some rice, marinated duck, kimchi and broccoli, because who needs recipes when you can just make random amalgamations?

"When my day is through all I wanna do is slow down" - Ignite

"I have been awake for several days with time to think. It has been so long since I needed sleep to dream" - Bloodlet

No comments: